The online travel blog of Sammy

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Two weeks to go!

Hello faithful blog readers!

This time, in two weeks, I'll be flying somewhere between Jakarta and Makassar. That's a tad overwhelming thought.

This morning, I was helping out with a breakfast program run in a school in Bendigo. After the program, I was helping washing the dishes in the staffroom. I was telling a couple of girls about how I am going to Indonesia, when I heard a voice come from behind me asking "where are you going?"

There behind me sat a man reading the paper. I told him that I was heading over to Sulawesi. It turns out this man frequently visits Makassar.

I ended up sitting in the staff room until after everybody else left, with an atlas as I talked with my 'new friend' about where we've both been.

How am I feeling about the trip at this point of time? I'm incredibly excited and overwhelmed all at once!

I've been thinking a bit about what it will be like coming home after nearly a month in what's considered to be a third world country. I remember that just after a week in Yogyakarta I found it incredibly difficult with some of the various things that I saw that broke my heart (things like beggars on the street). Where I am going is going to be considerably more poor than 'Yogya.
I've been thinking what it will be like going from a place like Indonesia, back into the hussle and bussle of the christmas season in Australia.

We will see. They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger - so in my opinion, this will be life changing!

And hereth ends the deepness.

Until my next post,

Sammy


(PS. Feel free to leave comments! I have changed it so that you can leave comments without being a blogger member! If you choose to leave an anonymous message though, make sure you write who you are in the post!!)

4 comments:

Trav said...

Hello Sammy...the blog is very exciting...i guess you haven't had much of a chance to post yet

...hope its going well.
Trav

Anonymous said...

hey girl!!

did you know planetshakers is going to indonesia while you're there??

13 December 2007 - Jakarta
Date & time: 6pm, 13 December
Venue: Tennis Indoor Senayan
More info & registration: +62 215 220 927 or +62 8151 3813 822


14 December 2007 - Surabaya
Date & time: 6pm, 14 December
Venue: Church Bethany Nginden, Jln. Niginden Intan Timur I/29 Surabaya
More info: Irma Limena (+62 8564 9444 414), Nila (+62 817 316 332), Church (+62) 315 936 880

xox Serena

Anonymous said...

miss u... what's been happening?

Stephanie Jewell said...

hey sammy!

i hope you are having an awesome time in Indo and that God is challenging you and growing you!

when do you return home?

:)